- Both girls must have had some weird dreams last night. At one point Tahlia wakes up crying because she thought there was a daddy long legs spider in her bed (there wasn't). Then a few hours later Jazzie is screaming "MOMMY, MOMMY"!... I run into her room, because she is sounding quite urgent, but find her sound asleep. Neither girl remembered any of it this morning.
- I should take a picture of all the kids at the bus stop and send it to Nike, since almost all of them have Nike shoes/backpacks/shirts/jackets. We might get an endorsement fee ;-)
- Speaking of the bus stop, there are 9 kids that get on the bus at the end of our street. My girls are the only kids that will hug and kiss me before they get on the bus. The other kids just run to the bus when it comes and won't even tell their parents goodbye. I am sure that there will come a day when showing me affection in front of their friends will be something the girls won't want to do. So for now I will gladly kiss their little faces, hug them, tell them how much I love them, tell them to have a good day and wave like a mad woman until the bus is out of sight.
- My grandmother was a very wise woman for not allowing any conversations about religion or politics in her home.
- Tahlia informed me yesterday that she wants to take ballet. I've always thought she is much more of a gymnast than a dancer, but if she wants to try ballet I am obviously not going to stop her.
- The first week and half of school, Jazzie complained that it was boring and that things were too easy for her. What she didn't understand was that the teacher needed that time to access where all the kids were academically. Jazzie kept saying the math was too easy and that the spelling words were "really, really, really easy". When she brought home her first list of spelling words, I must admit that I was surprised to see words like "I", "see", "and" and "it". However, the teacher now knows that Jazzie needs words that are a little harder than that, so this week she has challenge spelling words. Here is a list of her regular spelling words ("I already know all these, mom".):
But here are her challenge words:
Can you tell they are talking about health and nutrition this week??